Productive and happy mornings lead to productive and happy days. Every morning is a fresh start, and it's so powerful to begin your day by setting positive intentions and engaging in self care. Here are some of team LOMA's favorite morning routine ideas. Try setting aside your phone while you do these. Take what resonates with you, leave what doesn't:
- Gratitude journaling - a GAME CHANGER. Start your day by making a list of all of the great things in your life and remembering all the blessings that you already have.
- Make your bed. It's a small accomplishment that feels good to mentally check off a list every morning.
- Eat breakfast. Start your day by fueling your body with a healthy, nutritious meal. If you're not a breakfast gal, have some fruit and drink plenty of water.
- Meditate. Set a 10 minute timer, sit in silence, and focus on your breath. If your mind wanders, gently bring your awareness back to your breath. There's no "wrong" way to do this!
- Wash your face. Cleanse your skin thoroughly and don't rush yourself - we love LA Beautyologist's #60SecondRule for this.
- Read. Spend some time reading something you enjoy.
- Practice yoga (asana). Stretching your body feels amazing and yoga practice allows you to be present and fully in the moment.
- Make tea/coffee. Fully immerse yourself in this activity and make it your morning ritual.
- Sit outside. Get some fresh air, and bask in the sunlight if you're in a sunny spot. Leave your phone inside and take a few moments to breathe and just be.
- Light a candle. Our favorite morning candles are our Peace + Serenity Intention Candle and our Blessings Intention Candle.
Everyone's ideal morning routine is different, but try incorporating a few of these and see how you feel throughout the day.
Love and light.
xo, team LOMA